About Me

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Not Again!

Whew! its been a hectic day today. Thats something so very uncommon in my life. I tend to take things slow, slower and slowest... and as a matter of fact, i took a quiz to find out which of the seven deadly sins is bugging me down (sorry i forget the link or where i came across the website) about a couple of weeks back, and bingo... (the test is true!) the result was: No. 1 :sloth. Yep. Sloth it is. followed by No 2: lust. (*sigh* i thought it was the other way around).

(Im actually a three toed sloth in human form). I procrastinate always. Actually I wanted to do this blog a couple of weeks later, but I had to get things off my mind because Seven Deadly Sin No 2 cropped up in a totally amazing way today in my life!

Well to tell it all, here goes: My wife is pregnant. After 8 years. My elder daughter is 14 and my younger one is 8. And now shes pregnant.

We just discovered this today morning using a home pregnancy test kit.

Wifey's reaction is: "Im gonna bobbit you". Shes very angry

My reaction: *sheepishly* he he he.. Im sorry...but..(what else can I say?)

Daughters reaction: (I dont know how they came to know about it) we dont want one more! (the little braggarts, i thought they would welcome it.. its gonna be their live barbie and pet, no offense meant, they love my sisters son who is just 2, so why not a kid sister or a kid brother, all of their own?)

so..it was running from hospital to scanning centre to hospital back again to check the status of the baby.

The final conclusion is : 9 weeks 6 days gestation.


What should I do?

On a personal level, I abhor abortion. its killing a life. Actually my second daughter Varsha was totally unplanned. But I had to put my foot down and get my way. but now its difficult. The time gap is too much and wifey is also not confident about her health. (shes only 34 though).

Im totally confused.

PS: Respecting my wife's feelings, its going to be abort (90%)

6 comments:

  1. while I am pro choice, and the decision to have the baby or abort is always the parents, I would advice you to go ahead and have the baby.

    i know it's come so late and all and your wife isn't confident about her health. But, abortion should only be the LAST option in very serious cases.

    All the best. I am sure you will take the right decision for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you sarky for the comment. What you say is right, but its gonna be abort. and the D day is 20th May. too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. its so very bad and sad!*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, if it concerns your wife's health, then...ooohh, i guess by now both of you have finally decided what to do (?)

    on the other note, you didn't sound sluggish or sloath-ish hmnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep Red.. its done and over with! *sigh* and sloath-ish is my laziness in writing my blogs! but now, I know i will be regular ;)

    ReplyDelete