About Me

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Great day today

Hello people. Its been a fantastic day for me. I discovered Limewire (I had downloaded the application long way back, but was not sure about downloading through it) and whew! what a great insight I had today on its capabilities. As you may know, I love western classical music. I was just pottering around (not Harry) and was trawling the net for some music, when I tried Limewire;And Boy! It was an absolute blast! I downloaded the following:

Mozart : Lachrymosa from Requiem
Tchaikovsky: The waltz of the flowers from the Nutcracker Suite
Beethoven: Symphony No. 9
Strauss: Blue Danube Waltz
Holst: The Planets (Movement Mercury is playing while I type this)

My mind boggles with all the possibilities! (Thre are lot of things under the videos category..;p)

You might just wonder whats the big deal all about. Well its this: all of the above are/ will not be available here in India. And if do want to get my hands on them, its going to cost a fortune. So thanks to Limewire, I got them for nothing! Hooray!

Im so happy today!

3 comments:

  1. Luck! i've had limewire for ages already but it's good you're using it now...be wary of the adwares/virus tho so u better have a good protection for your computer..it's a good p2p program..

    and oh yeah, Blue Danube was my 1st piano recital piece....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!nice to know that Red.. and what is your favorite piece? I love Liszt's Leibestraum..its absolutely fantastic! and thanks for your warnings on the viruses. I scan the piece I have downloaded before I play. I have AVG. (will it do?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know someone gets as excited about his music as I do. I like classical music, though apart from Flight of the Bumblebee, I don't know much of it by name. (...My beloved, spurred on by this, has just had me listen through the 1812 Overture, complete with a lecture on Napoleon.)

    PS Yes, my e-mail addy is as stated in my profile. I look forward to having a gander at those e-books. :)

    ReplyDelete