About Me

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Unusual Deaths

Yesterday, after blogging, while stumbling, I came upon an interesting article about unusual deaths (sorry for the macabre theme, but I thought I had to share it). Here are a few of them:

Aeschylus,a Greek playwright, was killed when an eagle dropped a live tortoise on him, mistaking his bald head for a stone. The tortoise survived!

Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs.

Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman from Sacramento, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Wii console in a KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating.

Gerald Mellin, a U.K. businessman, committed suicide by tying one end of a rope around his neck and the other to a tree. He then hopped into his Aston Martin DB7 and drove down a main road in Swansea until the rope decapitated him. He supposedly did this as an act of revenge against his ex-wife for leaving him.

Too bad isnt it?

This blogs made me sad. and darn it, i cant get rid of this underline....grrrrr

5 comments:

  1. what is sad too is when you're having fun and accidents happen...some can even result to death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rightly said Red. Fun's got limits too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, was out yesterday..hopefully i won't be too busy later xxx have a good day xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about the lass dying of water intoxication, but the others are new to me. Crazy. Glad the turtle survived!

    You'll forgive me, I hope, but I laughed on and off for a few minutes about your predicament with the underline. (*chortle*)

    PS Maddy? ...You can call me Captain. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Captain..At your command Ma'am!

    ReplyDelete